Our client are one of the most well-respected manufacturing companies operating within the infrastructure, building & construction industry. They have been established for over 100 years, employing 11,000 people across 40 countries worldwide.
Due to the continued growth plans across Europe, our client is now looking to appoint an experienced Group Quality Director, to oversee a number of manufacturing facilities across Europe, with particular growth coming from the Benelux region.
The role will involve overseeing a number of Regional Quality Directors to help improve operational performance across each of their manufacturing sites, whilst simultaneously helping to reduce waste whilst not compromising on quality of output. The role will form part of the senior management team, and will report directly into the Chief Operating Officer for Europe.
Due to continued growth plans across the company, our client would expect to appoint somebody with a strong desire for upward mobility, and opportunities for further career development into a Vice President or Board Level appointment would be achievable in the short to medium term.
1. Outputs & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the development, implementation and strict adherence to a quality program; develop and/or reviews standards, policies, road maps and procedures for the company
- Lead the Group Quality Committee (Group Quality Experts + Regional Quality Directors) to develop road maps, Group standards and guidelines
- Schedule and perform internal and external quality audits and report findings; develop corrective action plans and ensures timely resolution of findings
- Receive and review all customer satisfaction surveys and customer contacts and complaints; reviews complaint trends and product/component failure analysis; review corrective actions together with Regional Quality Directors
- Prepares reports and other documentation
- Enforce consistent improvement
- Responsible for the development of the quality team
2. Main contacts for this job (key customer internally/externally, key suppliers etc.)
- Product Support Director
- Plant Managers and industrial community
- Group Quality Experts, Regional Quality Directors + local Quality teams
- Regional Leadership teams
3. Knowledge & Experience Required
- Previous leadership experience working in a similar global matrix organization
- Graduate with several years of relevant experience
- Ability to handle ambiguity that arises in a service environment in a complex, diverse and geographically widespread organisation
- Technical understanding and understanding of Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Previously worked in an international team; cultural awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
4. Roles, Skills & Attributes Required
- Open minded, fair and respectful of others
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Strong commercial mind-set and business awareness
- Self-aware, able to take responsibility for actions and learn from mistakes
- Courageous – ability to partner and challenge in a healthy and respectful way, cultivating effective relationships and having empathy for others
- Strong problem solving skills
- Organised and able to work collaboratively in a matrix organisation
- Able to work to tight deadlines and stay focused to achieve targets