Our client is a leading provider of level and flow instrumentation in the UK and around the globe. The company maintains a cutting edge product development team, a sophisticated technical sales organization, and an integrated manufacturing assembly and test operation. The company is focused on the municipal water and wastewater market in the UK and around the globe and has interests and recent capabilities that will allow movement into the larger industrial level and flow market. The company approaches the market with a direct sales force in the UK and through sales agents around the world, with sales and support resources in Malaysia, China, and the United States.
Due to recent acquisition of the companys UK division, our client is now looking to appoint an experienced executive to oversee the continued success of the companys UK business, together with identifying future international revenue streams to help generate further market share. The role will assume full P & L responsibility for the company as Managing Director, directly responsible for 6 direct reports, and will report directly into the Group President of the holding company.
The Role of the Managing Director
It will be the role of the Managing Director, to lead company to deliver on this challenge. To do so the Managing Director will need to accept responsibilities, have experience and demonstrate competencies as follows:
- For delivery of the overall strategy and direction for the company
- Establish and provide leadership
- Produce and execute the annual business plan to the agreed budget, owning the overall profit and loss account
- Identify opportunities for continuing growth and additional work in accordance with the business plan
- Support to the formulation and delivery of Group strategy in UK and around the world
- Identify and lead opportunities for business improvement
- Deliver an exemplary service to the Customer
- Continue strengthening as the preeminent UK based provider of Level and Flow Instrumentation
- Establish a network of strong and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including OEMs, Distribution Channel Partners, and other market participants
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate policies including but not limited to health, safety and environmental
- Lead to ensure long term success of the business
- Management, including P&L responsibility, of a significantly large organisation or complex programme of work, ideally at Managing Director level or equivalent
- Working with the public sector, ideally with direct knowledge of the UK water and wastewater market and or level and flow instrumentation
- Delivery of a significant challenging programmes
- Dealing successfully with a wide range of senior stakeholders. Ideally, including examples of dealing with independent channel partners
- Experience of working in the industry that is relevant to the products and technologies.
- Experience of working in a multi national corporate.
- A clear thinker able to see and deliver the strategic goals
- A strong leader capable of motivating a workforce
- A personal presence capable of representing company at a senior level in Industry Associations and with ownership
- An ability to shape external conditions to the benefit of the company
- An excellent communicator capable of building strong, collaborative and constructive relationships with the wide range of stakeholders
- Driven to deliver for the customer and shareholders
- Commercially astute with good negotiating skills
- The successful candidate will be required to be a citizen of the UK
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake occasional overseas travel
Candidates must be fluent, both written and verbal, in English. Additional language skills are a strategic advantage.